I'm hoping everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We sure did, it was one of the most relaxing and smoothest Thanksgiving's we have had in a while (thanks to our new custody arrangement). We had the kids all day and didn't have to share them with anyone. We had my parents, Kevin and Jen and Grandma Suzie over for an early dinner, a few games and of course a few people fell asleep due to the effects of the tryptophan in the turkey.
Of course Grandma Suzie performed her traditional throwing of the carcass off the porch. I think her aim gets better every year! It was a great day, hopefully our sweet niece will be with us next year, along with Beth and Dave.
Friday we went with Kevin, Jen and her twin brother Jon to see the movie Four Christmases and then we went to Dave & Buster's to play some shuffleboard. The movie was hilarious! Great timing to get us all in the Christmas spirit as well. Just in case Kevin ever offers to put money on a game of shuffleboard, don't take the bet! My brother is a shark at shuffleboard! I have never played and was so impressed with him!
Sunday we put the tree up and decorated the inside of the house, we are taking it down a notch this year, we have so much going on and Kadence seems to be into everything this year so we aren't putting up as many decorations this year. We attempted to start the decorations and lights outside but ran into the old Griswald problem of the lights not working. So, looks like I will be going to the store tomorrow to replace some of the lights. I am hoping that the weather is warm on Wednesday, I'm going to have David put them up and then we will be done with all of our Christmas madness! The tree, lights, and decorations will be done, we are all done with our Christmas shopping (don't be a hater!) and maybe we can actually enjoy the Christmas season this year! Woo Hoo! Although we are crazy busy this month with Nathan's ice skating lessons, Kadence is enrolled in Gymkhana (gymnastics), I'm on the Holiday Workshop committee at Nathan's school, the kids both have Christmas parties which I volunteer at, Nathan has 3 birthday parties this month, Walking with the Dinosaurs show, Cub Scouts, and the most fun of all...FINALS! See, I told you not be a hater! Oh well, so much for relaxing, ha ha!
We also had a family fun day today with The Smiths (our next door neighbors). They came over and made a Gingerbread house, decorated Sugar cookies shaped like gingerbread men, colored picture frame magnets to display on the fridge, and of course, the most important, they wrote their letters to Santa which I'll be sending tomorrow. I am going to write one too, but I'm sending mine to Father Time! They also watched the movie The Santa Clause 3 and filled our house with laughter. It was a fun, sugary day!

I love this shirt on her!
I will upload more pictures of all of our wonderful December adventures as we enjoy them. Love to you all!