Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Where has the time gone???

I'm am going to apologize now for how long this blog is going to be. I haven't blogged for about a month and people are starting to ask why and are demanding pictures. So ask, and you shall receive. Get comfortable, we have been busy! The end of October also means the end of Fall Baseball for Nathan, with David at the helm of the team they had a winning season finishing 7-4 games. Nathan was really excited that David was his coach and hopefully David will get a chance to coach in the Spring as well. Grandma Suzie, Aunt Beth, Uncle Dave and Cori came over to carve pumpkins, help us decorate and spend some time together one weekend. It was so much fun, it's become a tradition that Grandma Suzie carve with the kids, and they just love to play with the pumpkin guts. I'm sure next year Cori will have her little hands in them too! She was showing off her new rolling over tricks. She is getting so big, so fast! I can't believe that she is 6 months old already. Nathan and Kadence both got to partake in school parties. Boy, that was a lot of treat bags! This is our first year having both of the kids in school, Kadence goes to the pre-school at a local church near by. In true Kadence style, she was a princess this year, Cinderella. She plays the part well. Nathan opted for Indiana Jones this year. We actually donated most of the candy collected to the Kid's for Kindness club at Nathan's Elementary School. It's a club that teaches the kids about giving to others and helping out other kids in need, whether financially, emotionally, physically or socially. He has become such a great reader that his current teacher is allowing him to visit his prior Kindergarten teacher and read to her class. He is such a sweet kid, he is always wanting to help out, he is such a blessing! Nathan's first semester ended with a bang, he earned straight A's again. So we took the kids to the circus,and although a bit hesitant due to the possible stench, Grandma Suzie braved the zoo with us as well. Happily our noses were saved as there were no terrible odors present. It was actually really entertaining and something that I think we will do again. Even David thought it was cool, and he almost had to be drug there. I hadn't been to the circus since Nathan was 1, so it was a treat for me. My favorite part of the circus has always been the elephants. I think it's incredible that those huge animals can be trained so well and seem to be so graceful too. We spent some time doing Cub Scout activities as well. David, Nathan and my parents went with the Den to the Trolley Musuem. As the trip proved to be overwhelmingly informative, unless you were the tour guide, it was also completely boring. Of course Nathan had a great time with his fellow scouts, the adults were running for the exit went the tour was over. The next day the scouts did their annual fall hike in Mingo park. Since David had suffered the Trolley Museum I participated in the fall hike. We hiked for about an hour through the woods and at the end of the hike the boys got to make a trail mix of just about everything, including M & M's. I believe the thought of the chocolate at the end of the hike helped keep their little legs keep moving. I heard more than a few times, "can we stop, my legs hurt?". I don't think David would have made it, he doesn't even like to walk to the car. This past week marked 4 years for David and I, that went by fast! His sister Beth had a great idea which we have borrowed. Her and her husband Dave take turns every year planning their anniversary celebration. I really liked that idea. This way one person does all the planning, and gets to suprise the other half. So, this year I planned our anniversary celebration. We started off at the Marriott City Center which is the hotel that we are getting married at. We did our food tasting for the wedding and invited Matty (our best man) and Melissa (our maid of honor). We got to tie up some loose ends and talk about the wedding. I actually started to get butterflies when she was giving us the tour and walking us through the day. Then I had her show us the Presidential Suite which is the suite will we have after the wedding. It was then that I told David that was also where we would be staying for the weekend. We proceded down to the Steelhead lounge for some cocktails with Matty and Melissa and had some laughs. The next day we visited the spa downstairs and David got a massage and facial and I got a pedicure and relaxed. We went to the Steelhead restaurant for dinner, the food was fantastic! Another treat was that Jen, Kevin's girlfriend waits tables there and she was our server. I had suprised David the night before with a Pittsburgh Penquins jersey, hat and tickets for the game on Saturday, so away we went. Our seats were so close, David had a fabulous time and we met some really cool people who came back to the hotel with us for some more fun. The Penguins won so everyone was in great spirits. He is slowly making me a hockey fan, but after the watching the game in person, I'm okay with that. The next morning we slept in and then went to the Grand Concourse to meet some friends for brunch. Melissa's brother Cass was in town from New York and I hadn't seen him in a couple of months so it was great to catch up. After that David and I went to Houlihan's for lunch and then home to watch the oh so controversal Steeler's game. It was a great weekend and really nice to just get away with David. His turn is next year and I'm excited to see what he plans. David is a great ice skater, he played hockey for a while and is actually quite good. Naturally I had him take Nathan to South Park's ice skating rink for his lessons that started today. David said that there was a couple of falls and some tears but that Nathan didnt' give up. He was very proud of him. Nathan said that he wants to be really good and able to jump and everything. What an optimist he is! Well I think you are all caught up now, I will try not to wait as long for the next update. Unfortunately, I have to end this on a sad note. We found out yesterday that Nathan's coach from spring ball last year was killed in a car accident early yesterday morning. He is leaving behind his wife, Wendy, 15 year old daughter and 7 year old son Dylan, who is in Nathan's class. He almost missed his exit, over compensated and ended up being ejected from the sunroof, the car flipped and landed on him. It is such a tragedy, he was only 40 years old and he was one of those people that has an infectious smile and a heart of gold. He was great with the boys and was just an over all good guy. Unfortunately he wasn't wearing his seat belt. I can't stress enough how important seat belts are! My grandmother was also killed in a car accident, because she wasn't wearing her seat belt. My brother and I are now adimit about our passengers wearing theirs. I even have Kadence telling David "Seat belt da-da seat belt". Do it for your loved ones, as they are who you are leaving behind in pain and heart broken. Seat belts save lives! Please wear yours always, I dont' want to miss you!