Friday, August 1, 2008

Where did the summer go?

We have been so busy doing kid stuff, the summer has flown by! Recently we went to the Finleyville carnival with The Haddad's, the kids had a blast until it started to pour down rain, although the kids thought it was fun to get soaking wet and have to run for the car! We also went to the Pirates vs. Padres game with the Haddad's last week. We must have been good luck because the Pirates actually won! Our seats were great, we were about 6 rows from the field on the first base line. As the game progressed, the boys actually moved up to the first row to watch the game. Nathan and Eli had a blast and I think they may have actually learned a thing or two about baseball. The boys will both be playing Fall Ball for South Park and we are hoping they will be on the same team. Nathan went with the Haddad's to Idlewild on Friday, his highlight was winning a stuffed Homer Simpson doll. It is a hair shorter than Kadence and quickly became her new dance partner, so cute! We went to the Pleasant Hills Night Out Parade this week, it is one of the longest parades in Pennsylvania. There aren't any people marching, it's solely vehicles, police vehicles, ambulances, fire trucks, military vehicles, motorcycles, cars, and even the local news! The kids collected lots of candy and had a great time. Kadence's birthday was on Wednesday, she is now 3 years old, hopefully the terrible 2's are behind us (not that they were a problem). I think I must have sung to her at least 5 times that day, she loves to hear the happy birthday song. We got her a couple of Disney Princess tea sets, among other things. Poor Nathan had to play tea party all day, what a trooper he is. Last night we went to the Castle Shannon Carnival with our other neighbors, The Smiths, Mark, Sheri, Meghan and Matthew. I gotta say, pre-teen girls don't dress the same as they did went I was that age! I thought David was going to have a heart attack just thinking about Kadence dressing like that! "Less is more" will not apply in our house when it comes to clothing! Saturday is Kadence's birthday party, I'm sure I'll blog and add pictures afterward. It's another busy week, we are taking the kids to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History on Monday, Wedding dress shopping on Wednesday, going to a Wildthings baseball game and building our fence on Friday, and of course watching the Steelers that night. Our block party is on Saturday and then we leave for vacation the Wednesday after that...now I know where the summer is going!