I'm so sad the summer is almost over, but excited for the kids to go back to school, but, unfortunately that means I'm back in school as well. We have been trying, quite successfully I might add, to fit everything in before the first day of school which is August 25th this year. My Godparents came into town last weekend and we all went to a Washington Wildthings Baseball game, Nathan even got a ball and had some of the players sign it! Last weekend was also our first annual Imperial Drive Block Party. David and I and 2 other of our neighbors combined to plan it. It was a huge success, every one had a great time! We had a DJ (our friend Greg), tons of great food, tents, fireworks, horseshoes, poker, a keg, margaritas, Jello shots, and about 45 neighbors! It was a great combination. Our backyard was transformed into Party Central! We still have neighbors stopping us to tell us how much fun they had and can't wait for next year's party.
As always Nathan and an Eli

Our backyard during the Block Party

The kids went away on vacation this week so David and I took advantage of the alone time and headed to Baltimore, (my place of birth) and visited some family and had an amazing time! We even went to the ESPN Zone for the Steelers game, and being the true fan that I am, I wore my Steelers Jersey! We came out of the entrance to the hotel and I was a bit apprehensive about getting heckled, but not only did I not hear any negative comments, I actually got a few "Go Steelers" cheers! We were going to get a cab when a driver of a Lincoln Town Car saw my jersey and offered to drive us in his car. So, we showed up in style in our Steeler gear at the Zone! We also went to the Baltimore Aquarium, and went to the movies one night for some down time, we went to Dave and Busters with my cousin Patrick and his expecting wife Amy to watch the Ravens game, and to taunt them. Always a great time with Pat and Amy! We also took a drive to my Godparents house for a crab feast, and the girls and I got to do some shopping and get pedicures while the boys went golfing. After some stressful happenings with planning the wedding, a few days away was just what we needed!
This was the view of the Inner harbor from our hotel room

We got to come home and be with the kids, which were so badly missed and then on Monday we celebrated my father's 59th birthday by going to dinner and hanging at our house and playing some cards (probably two of his favorite things to do, eat and play cards).
David was asked to be the Head Coach on Nathan's Fall Baseball team, he has accepted the position and the season starts right after Labor Day. When we get the game schedule I'll post it so everyone can come and support and cheer them on, they are the Red team again this year.
On a
whiter note, I went with my girls to look at wedding dresses last week as well. I found a couple I really liked but I haven't fully decided yet. I'm going to go and look today at another boutique and then back to the first one again next Wednesday and hopefully make my decision. It was really intimidating trying all of the dresses on, maybe next time I'll have a few cocktails first! Trying on the dresses really makes this whole wedding thing seem real. I'm so glad I have such wonderful women in my life to support me and be there when I really need them. I love the honesty girls, keep it up! I couldn't have done it without you!
Well, again it is another busy week ahead, and as always...more blogs and pictures to come!