Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Kadence!!!

It's hard for me to believe that Kadence is three already, it still feels like yesterday that I was pregnant with her. We had her birthday party at our home on Saturday. It was a very long day, the party started at 4 and I think I finally went to bed around 3:00 am. After all of the birthday party "usuals" the girls hung out upstairs and the men had a serious dart competition, somehow David always wins. We did have a great time and I'm pretty sure everyone who hung out did too! Kadence is to the age that she actually likes to read the cards as well as ripping into the presents. A big thank you to everyone who helped us with the party, it truly does take a village to host a party!
Another beautiful Gail Askew masterpiece

Kadence actually looking at her cards

Cheesing it up for the camera

Kye fell victim to the tea party

Although we were exhausted, we had a fire on Sunday for the kids and my brother Kevin and his beautiful girlfriend Jen came over. It was a nice low key way to end the long weekend.
My wonderful boys

Nathan just loves his fires

Today we went to The Carnegie Museum of Natural History, and Art with our friends/neighbor Rachael, Eli, and Maurie. The kids were so excited and had a blast. Of course Nathan's favorite part was the dinosaur exhibits. All I heard every two seconds was "take my picture next to this one", I was afraid my camera was going to run out of room. I think I have pictures of every single dinosaur and then some. It's been a couple of years since I had been to the museum and one of my favorite pictures I have of Nathan was from when he was 3 and posed in front of a display in the front of the Museum, so I recreated it today, what a difference in size. We have a lot on our plate this week before the kids go away on vacation, more pictures to come...

T-Rex vs. T-Rex, Nate loved it!

The kids got to be paleontologists and dig in a site

Even Kadence got in on the action

But got bored quickly

Here's Nathan in 2004...

and then in 2008, what a difference, it's amazing how fast they grow up!

On a happy note, I am finally done with my classes for the summer. My last paper was submitted and graded on Sunday. I am very pleased to announce that I ended up with a 3.84 this semester and I made the Deans List at Penn State. Now I can relax...well until August 25th when the Fall semester begins!