Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Fall!

We had such a nice couple of weeks filled with friends and family and fall activities. David and I met up with Kevin and Jen and my parents for dinner last Friday at PF Changs (our favorite) and then went to go see the Phantom Fright Nights at Kennywood. I must admit I haven't been to any haunted houses or anything frightening since I was a kid, and now I remember why. I am such a baby about being scared, I don't even like scary movies! I'm more of a comedy kinda girl. My reason for going was to see one of my friends that I met through Zack and Miri. He had his own sideshow performance and I wanted to catch his act. He was really good and we actually got to be a part of his act. He will be performing something special for us at our wedding, which is only about 6 months away!
We also went to Trax Farms twice, once with our niece Cori & crew and then the following Saturday when we had our kids. We go to Trax every year, the kids just love to climb the pumpkins, and I always get some decorations for the yard. I don't' mind decorating for the kids, they love it, the more decorations the better! Unfortunately David hates decorations and would be fine with not having any, so as a compromise I don't put up the blow ups until about a week before Halloween and then they come down the day after.
Our little angel Corinne Elise was baptised on Sunday. David is one of Cori's Godfather's, the other Godfather is Dave's (Cori's daddy) brother Mark. What a lucky girl to have 2 wonderful, loving uncles. It was a really nice service and Cori's gown was beautiful. Beth had one of her seamstress girlfriends make her gown out of Beth's wedding dress. I love that tradition! She was just beautiful!
Well it looks like we are getting a break from the chilly weather this week, but I'm sure the traditional fall weather is right around the corner. Nathan is finishing up fall ball and inevitably that is when the crisp fall air usually begins. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather, Christmas is right around the corner...72 more days!