Friday, October 7, 2011

Catching up is not so easy!!!

I keep looking at our blog and wondering when I will have time to update, well the simple answer is that I don't! With David working 2 jobs, both kids in school and having homework daily, my self having homework daily with 3 courses this semester, working my part-time job with the Union-Finley Messenger, and being the Head Coach of Kadence's Cheerleading squad with a weekly game and 2 practices a week...I'm a busy girl! Not to mention my physical therapy twice a week for my elbow that I broke in 2 places and my ankle that has torn ligaments that just may require surgery, and Kadence's therapy 3 times a week, I never have actual down time. I can't wait until May when school is over and I can breath a little easier. I have found that recently my motivation for school is dwindling and my frustration is increasing. Not a great combination. I need to get back on that horse and make myself proud again. The good news is that both kids are doing well in school, and have adjusted just fine to Kindergarten and Middle school. Kadence is quickly turning into a diva as she looks in the mirror every morning and isn't happy with her outfit until she "looks so beautiful", no self-esteem issue with that girl! She is so into girly stuff, dresses, shoes, purses, she just got feathers in her hair (again), and while at the salon she asked if anyone could do her nails. Of course they just ate her up, I was waiting for her to want a pedicure as well. She kept saying that she wanted to sleep at the salon because it was so pretty there. Nathan didn't want to wear his glasses to school, so rather than him pretending to wear them and taking them off at the bus stop, we got him contacts. He finally also has an opinion on his wardrobe, no more cute boy, he wants to be the cool kid...middle school! He also got a cell phone with unlimited texting so if you want to text him him number is 412.260.1492, just tell him who you are so he can enter into his contacts, which apparently is a big deal to him. He is growing up way to fast. We actually let him stay home alone for the first time this month. It was only for 30 minutes and we were 5 minutes away, but I still had visions of what he was doing the whole time, the movie Home Alone kept flashing in my mind. For some reason the picture updating is taking forever, so another day for that. I hope this submission finds you all well!