Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thanks Easter Bunny..bakkaaa

We had a a really nice relaxing Easter weekend. A few years ago we began a tradition that my parents, my brother Kevin and Jen, and David and I would each take one of the major holidays so we host Thanksgiving, my parents host Christmas, and Kevin and Jen host Easter. It works out rather nicely because then each of us are only cooking a major meal once a year, and we don't have to really stock up on dishes and table decor for every holiday. We especially like doing Thanksgiving because it is our favorite holiday meal, and I am really getting the hang of cooking the turkey and making really yummy stuffing if I do say so myself. Plus, I don't care for ham so I'm very happy not to have to cook one. The kids had a great Easter, Nathan weighed all the candy they were giving and it was 16.5 pounds. Which also explains why my diet has failed this week! We finally had the talk with Nathan regarding the Easter Bunny, Santa, and the Tooth Fairy. He already pretty much knew, but we had "the talk" and confirmed his suspicions. He still hunted for eggs Easter morning and he will still get a basket, but now he just smiles when Kadence gets excited. 10 years was a good run for keeping him believing, but it's sad to see that belief fade in him. Just another step in growing up, and I think it was harder on me to have him know the truth than it was for him. I hope everyone else had a great Easter!