Tuesday, May 10, 2011

One more down!

I'm very happy to report that after a tumultuous last semester, and another rough one this semester, I have completed my Spring semester. I have had confirmation that my intent to graduate in the Spring of 2012 is on target! 51 weeks to go! I will be taking summer classes, fall classes, and then spring and I will be a college graduate...finally! My official graduating major will be a Bachelor of Science in Labor and Employment Relations with a minor in Accounting. I could not be any happier to finally be able to truly see the light at the end of extremely long tunnel.
Some more good news is that I got a job and have my "orientation" tomorrow. I will be working for the Union-Finley Messenger and the new Mon-Valley Messenger newspapers. My title will be Advertising Sales Representative. I basically get to help companies create their ads and have them placed in the paper. The best thing about this job is that it is totally flexible, I have no set hours, and no office that I have to go from, I can do it all from home, and I make all of my own appointments and hours. With all my running with the kids, that is exactly what I need. The owner said I should be up and running in a week or so. It will also be nice to have a little extra money around the house for summer entertainment. We are planning a few gatherings as usually this summer such as our 4th of July party, baseball picnic, Kadence's birthday party, and the block party. Also, we are hoping to do some remodeling this summer and adding a full bath in the basement so we are going to be busy, busy, busy, but that is how we like it. Now we just need to get through the next couple of weeks with the kids end of school activities and the summer is ours!