Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Man Cave 2.0

After almost 6 years of living in our home, I was finally was able to finish the "Man Cave". What once was a bleak and cold room, finally has some life to it, and we have been spending so much more time downstairs enjoying it. We have a nice size TV, a Wii with tons of games and a Wii fit, a Guitar Hero, and some driving games with the little steering wheels. We also have an electric dart board, and other games to play. We finally organized all of our CD's back into their cases and are easy to find, and added new cordless phones (the old one's were finicky), and a Sony stereo for our listening pleasures, which also is equipped for an ipod (which we bought Nate a few months back). My office space has been de-cluttered, and I wondered while I was throwing out my Biology notes from a class that I took 10 years ago..."Why was I saving all of this?" I really purged until it hurt, and I filled 2 large garbage bags. Next stop is organizing my filing cabinets, I doubt I'm going to need my taxes from 1998 anymore, 10 plus years is long enough to hold onto certain items. Next on the home agenda is going to be saving up to finish the other side of the basement and adding some closets and a bathroom, although it's a good workout running up and down the steps, we will save our carpets from when we have our unending bon fires and get togethers. It would be nice to have a bathroom on the bottom floor. Although being a homeowner often comes with frustrations, it's a great feeling to finish a room and be content with the finished product, it just seems that the projects are never ending. For now, we are taking it one room at a time.