Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So much fun...

May has brought us so much fun so far! I had a girls night out with Melissa, Tracy and Jen or as I call them "my blondtourage". We went to go see Dane Cook, he was hilarious and we had a great time! We actually got upgraded to Section B seats right before the show started. We tailgated at Jen's apartment before and after the show because it is so conveniently located across from the Mellon Arena. It's nice to let loose with the girls every once in a while, Lord knows we need it!
The parents from the South Park Baseball Association held their 2nd annual Night at the Races so David and I went with another couple who are our teammates and neighbors (The Haddads, Joed & Rachael). We had a great time! The last race was an auction race and we were the highest bidders on lucky horse #3 which won the final race and put us on top for the night!
I got to be a chaperon at Nathan's 2nd grade Field Trip which went to the Pittsburgh Playhouse and the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial. I used to love going on the field trips when I was in elementary school and it was so interesting to be on the other side of the coin as a parent now. My poor kids aren't going to get away with much, I know every trick in the book! I do have to admit I didn't miss riding on a school bus again. I used to go the the Playhouse when I was a child and it is amazing how different it looks to me as an adult. It seemed enormous when I was a child, but as an adult it has shrunk in size. The talent was still incredible, we saw Charlotte's Web and it was fantastic!
Memorial day weekend was a blast! We started it off by having some friends over on Friday for a bonfire, I don't think I stopped laughing all night! We had all their kids over too and they all played hopscotch, bean bag toss, Frisbee, they rode their battery operated jeeps, Wii (of course), and they chalked all over the driveway. The kids had a great time and actually slept in the following morning! We love to make snacks over the fire so we also had smores, and hot dogs, I am itching to break out my mountain pie makers during the next fire.
This sums up our life!
Saturday we watched the Pittsburgh Penguins dominate the hockey series, we are now 3-0 and hoping for a win tonight to clench the series and get one step closer to the Stanley Cup! Go Pens! Sunday was our niece Cori's 1st birthday so we spent part of the afternoon celebrating at her party. She was a little timid to dive into her birthday cake, but we had to almost hold Kadence back from diving in to lend her cousin a hand. I can't believe how quickly a year has passed.
On a final note we would like to introduce the latest addition to our family. Nathan has been allergic to cats and dogs all of his life and miraculously we had him tested again and he has finally grow out of the cat allergy. We had promised him and Kadence that if that were to happen that we would adopt a kitten, so here she is, her name is Kuddles, and she is 3 pounds of adorable! The kids couldn't be happier!