Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'm an Aunt!

Introducing Corinne Elise Sprague! Beth and Dave Sprague happily made David and I an Uncle and an Aunt yesterday. Corinne was born at Magee Women's Hospital in Pittsburgh yesterday, May 24th at 10:02 am. She was a whoppin' 8 pounds 14 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. She has a head full of blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes.
I got the call at 6:00 am that Beth's water had broke at 4:00 am and contractions followed soon after. I picked up David's & Beth's mother Sue and away we went! Beth's labor was normal and much easier after her epidural kicked in, it was smooth sailing after that. We didn't have to wait long until she was ready for some pushing, she was a trooper! Beth only had to push for about 30 minutes before we heard the sweet sound of our Corinne's first cry. Sue and I were literally standing outside the door and could hear everything. It was an amazing day! We have all been waiting a long time for this sweet angel and are over joyed that she is finally here. Everyone is healthy and doing very well. Welcome to parenthood Beth and Dave! Fasten your seat belts, it a bumpy and fantastic ride!
The kids were so excited as well. Nathan cried because he said that he was so happy for Aunt Beth and Uncle Dave and Kadence just stared at the baby at first, but then all she wanted to do was touch her. I'm sure they will be great friends!