Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Babies x 2
My cousin Amy and I worked out a deal that she would loan me her husband Scott to do some electrical work at our house and I would watch their twins Emily and Jonah for a day so they could have some much needed alone adult time. It was a great deal! Scott came over and fixed an outdoor electric socket in the front of the house, installed an additional outdoor socket in the back of the house, installed a security light above the garages, and fixed our vent above our stove. In turn, this past Saturday I got to enjoy my second cousins for about 8 wonderful hours. Kadence is only 5, but I don't remember being so tired when she was their age, maybe it is the times 2 effect of twins, but I have a whole new respect for Amy! It was fun, because most of the day it was me and the 4 kids and Nathan was so great with them. He was singing to them and making them laugh, Kadence was good with them for the first hour, and then she said "I don't want to babysit anymore, it's too hard, they won't listen to me", so now I think she knows how I feel about her sometimes. Emily and Jonah were a delight and I got my baby fix. David and I have been back and forth on the baby issue, but I think we are really leaning toward not having anymore. So, having Emily and Jonah around really helps me with my need to cuddle and carry. It's great because Amy and the twins have been averaging a visit to our house about every 4-6 weeks. It is amazing how different the twins look everytime they come, they are really growing up! Here are some pictures we took of the twins when they visited...